Thursday, September 23, 2010

Decorating tidbits

Alright, I am getting back into the swing of things... YEAH!!! I thought you would like to see some little decorating tidbits that I have done this week... Super easy and not much $$ to boot.... My kind of decorating... AND I love the results...
This is the gorgeous frame/super nasty picture I got at DI for $15... It is HUGE!!! I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.... First, I took out the picture and painted the frame then brushed on some Ralph Lauren smokey glaze... LOVE IT!!! I also had a large gold "B" that I got for $2 at Hobby Lobby several months ago (like when I was living in Michigan) and painted it black... I found the perfect spot for both...
I like the simplicity of it.. But it still makes a BIG statement...


Got to love the frame... OH the details......... :O)


Is it not just perfect for that wall? Now if only it would get colder out so I could take down the a/c unit from the window.... I am thinking central air next year.... Hey, a girl can dream... LOL I have finally gotten my fabric for my curtains/mistreatments (which is what they will turn out to be) that I ordered back in JULY!!! It only took them 2 months to send... If you do not remember what the material looks like check here. I will be hanging the mistreatments in the dinning room, kitchen, and living room... In my head it all looks great... We will find out if my head is full of cob webs... But still, I like the way the wall looks now... And you?

Ignore that fan hanging... I am trying to encourage the hubs to let me get a chandalier.. We will see if it works? Keep your fingers crossed... Here is another little cheapo tidbit... I got this tray at DI for $1... It was brown and ugly... Sorry I forgot to take the before pics..... :O( I removed all the hardware and little medallion on the front then spray painted it white... Then put everything back after it was dry... I think it looks good holding all the necessities next to the stove....



I did put some felt sticky pads to the bottom as to not scratch my granite counter tops....
Still thinking about painting that red flower pot... Yes, that is right it IS a flower pot I got at Joann's like 6 years ago... I am just not sure yet... I know that turquoise and red go together but I do not know if I want them together... Understand?



Doesn't it look so nice sitting there?


I even like the grape medallion...
Well ladies.... Hope your week is going wonderfully!! I will be linking to the Thursday parties listed on my side bar... Feel free to go and visit any of them... You will not regret it a bit... Just click on the button and off you go..... :O)







No comments:

Post a Comment