Monday, November 5, 2012

Harvest Decorating

* Any highlighted words will take you to that post.  So enjoy!
 
 
So here we are in the month of November and I realized I NEVER even tried to write a post in October.  Shame on me.  I did happen to take a few photos of my Halloween/Harvest decor so I thought today would be a good day to show all of you.  I went pretty simple this year.  Isn't it funny how our decorating tastes change over the years or in my case it has changes almost every year.  These first two pictures show  the only real Halloween  decor I displayed this year.  I just was not in the Halloween spirit this year.  My poor kids!  They love the month of October.  So on with the tour....
 This side table/pie safe is sitting in my living room in front of my very large window.  I love having a table there but this one is a bit too high.  I hope to have that rectified in the future.  The skull I got last year after Halloween at Walmart.  I absolutely love it.  There is a button you push that plays the theme music from the movie "Halloween".  It is awesome.  I made the "Autumn, Harvest, Give Thanks blocks a few years ago.  Everything else was from around the house.
 Here is my side table I got from Goodwill while living in Michigan.  I still need to paint it but have not decided what color or if I should just re-stain it.  The cloche was the one I made  back in the day.  It is the one that made Allison of House of Hepworths go viral with hers.
 This is my coffee table in my living room.  I got that tray/cupboard door from the Habitat Restore. The ceramic squash was from Hobby Lobby in their clearance section, and the faux plant and sign are from Tai Pan Trading.  Absolutely Love them. 
 Here is my Dining table center piece.  I was trying for a bit cleaner look this year and used what I had around the house again.  The tray was from Goodwill in Michigan, the pitcher is from Ikea, wooden sticks are from a blind that I cut down, that faux foliage ball is from Tai Pan Trading, canning jar and pumpkins were from my stash from last year, and the rot iron bracket is from Hobby Lobby.  Got it for anther project but had never used it until now.  The table runner is just a scrap piece of fabric (can not remember the name of it) you use for Swedish Weaving.
 Here is a closer look at the vignette.  I really love how simple it is.  Lots of texture there.  LOVE IT!
Here is what my dinning room looks like now.  It is coming along.  I will do another post on my new addition...  The utensil wall art.  It is my FAVORITE!!!!  And so simple.  Well thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a great week.  :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment