Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting ready for next year...

At the beginning of the month I started on a project that I have wanted to do for...  Well, since we moved into this house 7 years ago.  I know, why do today when you can do it tomorrow or 7 years from now.  Well here it is 7 years later and this is what I have done.





 I know it is not that big of a deal right now but come next Spring it will be BEAUTIFUL!!!  See, I have this wonderful neighbor that wanted to thin out his "weeds" as he calls them.  The the rest of the world they would be called "flowers."  Now I have a very hard time turning down anything FREE so off I went to his house and helped dig them all up.  I already had the iris from my father (he came down last year and planted the bulbs he had to thin out from his house into the front of mine.  They are right there in between the windows. 
 This same neighbor also gave me the cutest garden stakes that he made.  What do you think of them.
 Meet my new mosquito.  I do not mind him staying around.  No swatting at him will be happening in my presence.
And here is Miss Dragon fly.  I am thinking I might have to paint them to really make them stand out.  We shall wait and see how the flower garden looks next Spring to determine the colors.  Hope you have a great week.  :O)

1 comment:

  1. so good to see flowers by your windows and to have them free make it that much better...can't wait to see all the colors next summer!!

    ReplyDelete