Monday, October 17, 2011

Book page wreath

So I have been loving all the book page wreaths in blog land and knew I needed to make one some time.  We have decided to be on a very strict budget and cut down on a lot of things.  You see every General Conference weekend I come up with some type of home project to work on while listening to the Saturday sessions.  Well, this last Conference I had no project to work on.  The April conference I redid my bedroom and did not spend much $$ at all so the challenge was on to make something and NOT SPEND ANY $$$ at all.  Enter  the book page wreath. 
 I used what I had here at home.  I was getting a large box ready to send to the DI and had put a book in it so I took it out and went to town.  I marked and  cut a circle from another box I had using a paper plate as my guide.  Then ripped out the pages of the book and started to roll.
 I cut a smaller circle out of card board and wrapped it with some of the book pages and glued it on.  The whole wreath was hot glued together.  The large "B" was one I got a Hobby Lobby about a year and a half ago while living in Michigan.  I just painted it black then added black Martha Stewart glitter to the top. Then glued it on the wreath.  It turned out so pretty I think. 
 I hung it in the hallway over the cabinet I painted earlier this summer.  But more on that later.  What do you think?
 On another note,  I have been playing with my new camera.  So much fun. Here are a couple pics I took while at my sons flag football game. 
 Is she not just the cutest?  It helps that she is so sassy.  AND loves to have her picture taken.
Hope you enjoyed the wreath.  Have a great week.  :O)  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment