Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Updates to the Living Room...

Since I had so much time on my hands because I could not blog, I added a few things to the living room.  I started this make over last year..  Like June of 2010..  So yes, it has been slow going on this one..  I hope to have it complete this summer.  Or as close to complete as possible...  :O)  I started off by forcing persuading the hubs to visit a store I have been wanting to go to for like EVER... DownEast Basics...  LOVE IT....  I found a new sofa to put in the living room..  I have been eyeballing a Pottery Barn one but could not afford it.  I know I could have gone to IKEA and gotten theirs but it just is not that comfortable..   So I kept looking.  So off to DownEast Basics we went (dragging the hubs to whole way)..  I walked in and there she was..  Just waiting for me...  I sat on it for like 30 minutes before I even bought it so I know it is comfortable..  And trust me...  I have already taken a nap on it and it was heaven...  The best part... It was only...  WAIT FOR IT...  $650.  Yes you read that right...  And it is the Pottery Barn sofa I wanted....  :O)  And for half off...  Score!!  Doing a happy dance right now... 
 I got the pillows from a friend that got them with her Pottery Barn club chairs she got off of KSL...  They did not match her decor and she so lovingly gave them to me..  I forgot to take a close up of them so I will have to do that soon...

Next update was the new area rug I got at Lowe's...  I have been looking ALL OVER for the perfect rug for this room...  But I was not willing to pay over $150.  So the hunt went on..  I found this one that is 7'7'' x 9' I think at Lowe's.  Best part...  It was on clearance for $ 87.  HUGE SCORE and even bigger happy dance now....  :O)  I love the way it looks with the new sofa...  :O)  It does have a large floral pattern but it is still a neutral rug...  AND super soft on the tootsie... 
 I know, I need to slip cover those wing back chairs...  That will be happening hopefully this summer...  I have been pricing the fabric for it..  But we have to put a new roof on our house this weekend so slip covers will have to wait for awhile...

Here is a close up of the area rug...
I love it...  It is so pretty..  It did take some talking to the hubs to convince him of this purchase as did the sofa...  He thought we were fine with what we had...  Which was only 2 wing back chairs and a computer chair in this room..  Not going to work for us when we have family coming this fall to visit...  He was upset with me for a little bit..  But he came around and likes it now...  As always,  I am right and he is slow to realizing this...  Wish he would just grasp this concept now so we could move on to bigger and brighter things..  :O)

Well, thanks for stopping by...  And please have a safe and fun week...

No comments:

Post a Comment