Monday, March 7, 2011

It's the little things...

It's the little things that make us happy right? Like wood floors... :O) They are so beautiful... Only problem with them is.. Can you spot it? No? How about now?
She has... That would be the floor vent. With no cover on it... Do you understand the problem yet? If not let's take a better look shall we?

Oh, there it is... She is thinking maybe I can get my foot down there.. BIG PROBLEM!
After putting in the wood floor we needed to come up with an idea of how to match the covers to the floor. You see wood covers come in VERY light finishes. And to match our Brazilian Cherry Dark wood is like VERY HARD... And not to mention VERY COSTLY!! So we waited and waited and waited... I had to put bright magazines/ boxes/suit cases/ whatever I could find on them during the day so no one would walk on them and fall through.
Then we went to Home Depot this weekend (for a different project that I am sooooo excited about) and came across the perfect vent cover for our wood floors... :O)


Now do not look at the floors very closely.. I have not cleaned them since Friday. Better get on that. But, don't the new vent covers look great?



They soooo match the floors... :O)





They are metal with a brushed bronze finish... (Sorry for the bad pics.. Rainy outside today.)





I think they look great!! Here is a closer picture of them...






I really like the design on them too. Well, one more project down and like 973 more to go... :O)
As always have a great week.. :O)






5 comments:

  1. They look great. I can think of lots of little things that could go down the hole without the vent cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder why I didn't think of that! They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful floors! I found your blog at Between Naps on the Front Porch. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete