Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Dinner

Okay, so this is my first post about food. Well, actually food with a recipe. but, before I get to the recipe a little story and some pics for your entertainment.... Not really but anyways... I have been wanting to learn how to make wheat bread for quite a while now. I have tried to make white and it has been ok but it never turned out rising as high as I would have liked. I could not figure out why. Then one day I found two of the most wonderful food blogs eva.... Enter My Food Storage Deals and My Kitchen Cafe. My Kitchen Cafe has step by step directions on making bread and everything you need to know about yeast. I read and reread to make sure I new what I had done wrong and what I need to do to make my bread turn out the way I wanted it to. I printed out the wheat bread recipe from My Food Storage Deals and away I went. This is what my wheat bread looked like coming out of the oven. Don't laugh at my misshaped loaves. I told you I am not an expert at making bread.. Now you know why... But, I must tell you this was the EASIEST bread recipe eva!!!
See this loaf? Look at how high it raised. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Light and fluffy and yumm-o! I think this recipe is a keeper for sure!!! Now here is MY made up recipe for spicy taco soup. Caution: this is spicy so some kids might not like it. But you can adjust it to your liking.


The majority of ingredients comes from your pantry. SCORE! What is not pictured is the hamburger, garlic, and, minced onions.
Ingredients: 1 lbs ground beef
1/2-3/4 T minced garlic
1T minced onions
Brown meat then add garlic and onions and simmer. Drain meat mixture and put in a large stock pot.
Add to stock pot: 2 cans pork and beans (do not question my madness for some reason it works)
2 cans corn
2 cans diced tomato ( w/chilies if you like. That was all I had.)
2 cans diced chilies
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can black beans
1-2 packets taco seasoning
2 cans filled with water ( I use the pork and beans can)
Mix and let it come to a boil. Cook for about 7-10 minutes then let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
I like to serve mine with a little Parmesan cheese on top. You can put what ever you like with it. Tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream. Almost everything is a possibility.


This recipe can be changed with your imagination. I also use it for a vegetable soup. I just leave out the chilies and add canned carrots and canned green beans. Season to your liking. I still use taco seasoning but not as much. NOTE: DO NOT add noodles to the soup. If you like noodles in with your soup cook noodles separate and put them in a bowl them spoon soup over the noodles. Macaroni noodles are the best with this soup.
I hope you try it and like it as much as we do... Let me know what you think and anything different you came up with for it.... Until next time... Have a great week!!! :O)





4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds yummy.. thanks for the recipe.

    Love to you
    Kelly
    http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Margo. This recipe looks absolutely scrumptious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks amazing! I have a bread machine but never have tried making it without it's help. You have inspired me - they look perfect!!

    The soup looks delish! I have never tried anything like it...Thanks so much for posting the recipe!

    Thanks so much for linking up to The Sunday Showcase Party! Hope you enjoy your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I'm going to be making this for sure!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete