Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Burp Cloths

So I have been making some baby things to send to my niece who just had her first baby last month. It has been so much fun.. Wish I would have made cute things when I was having babies.. I love the personal touch to everything. I sewed flannel onto some plain white diapers (wrong sides together leaving an opening and turned them right side out and finished the edge and sewed around the edge again). I like how they look but thought the pretty green needed something more.
So I ironed some double sided fusible webbing onto the wrong side of some scrap flannel and then I drew free hand a flower and cut it out. I peeled the backing off the fusible webbing and then placed the flower on one corner of the burp cloth and ironed it on. Next I sewed a zig zag around the edge of the flower and I was done.

Are they not just the cutest? Now I really like them!!! Hope my niece does too..


On another note... Over spring break we had yucky weather... Rained EVERY day!!! The older boys were getting bored and came up with a reward system for themselves and asked if I could help them... Out came the little circut for them to use. They had fun with it.. We are almost done with the project. So you will have to wait just a bit to see the final out come...


Until then my little chick-a-dees.... As always have a great week.... :O)




3 comments:

  1. These are adorable! We'll have a new baby in the family in July and these would be so perfect for the new mom!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Your niece will think of you every time she uses these!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the applique on the burp cloth! Darling!!!

    ReplyDelete